My Favorite Prayer for Peace…Thank you Saint Francis of Assisi
- Lord, make me an instrument
- of your peace.
- Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
- Where there is injury, pardon.
- Where there is doubt, faith.
- Where there is despair, hope.
- Where there is darkness, light.
- Where there is sadness, joy.
- O Divine Master,
- grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console;
- to be understood, as to understand;
- to be loved, as to love.
- For it is in giving that we receive.
- It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
- and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.
- Although Easter is now behind us, I am not done with the holyday. I am still lingering in my consciousness with the love of family and friends, the comfort of familiar rituals, the tastes of chocolates, and the smells of flowers as Spring is in full bloom.
- The source of our celebrating I feel is it is not the resurrection of Christ, the arrival of the Easter Bunny, or the Goddess Oestere welcoming Spring. I think we are celebrating us. I think it is our desire for hope, and perhaps even more, our need of hope. It is there in every one of us, no matter what our story or pain or culture or how we identify ourselves. We long to love and be loved.
Posted by sallyaderton on April 12, 2012